You Can Help



This year, even more families will learn their child has a heart defect. Heart Beats believes that families are the best resource available to help other families, and that information and education can provide families with confidence. By making yourself available, you can help families cope with the realities of parenting a child with heart disease.

Our Board of Directors is made up primarily of parents of children with heart disease. If you are interested in becoming a board member, please join us at our next meeting (see our current newsletter for dates or times). You can also volunteer to host Heart to Heart, or help out at one of our events, such as the Family Fun Run or Annual Family Event. Please lend a hand - contact us at We welcome your help & support!


Alexa – Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome

Alexa – Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome


Heart Beats Children's Society is a registered charitable organization. Official receipts for Income Tax purposes will be issued for donations of $20.00 or more.

Our charitable registration number is: 88907 6261 RR0001

In order for Heart Beats to continue to provide support to families across Southern Alberta, we need your help. There are several ways you can make a tax deductible donation to Heart Beats:


1) Donate through Shaw Birdies for Kids
Heart Beats is pleased to be a participating charity in Shaw Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink (BFK). All donations made through BFK will be matched up to 50% making your donation go even further. To donate through September 1, 2019, please go to

2) Online Donation

Please click the image to go to our secure donation site. Choose the Donate Now or Donate Monthly option. A receipt with be provided at the completion of your transaction.

3) Direct Mail to Heart Beats
If you wish to make your donation by mail, please send them to the address below. We will send you a receipt if your contribution is over $20.00.

Heartbeats Children Society
Box 30233
Chinook Postal Outlet
Calgary , AB
T2H 2V9

4) E-Transfer

Email to for details.  Be sure to provide an email address and mailing address to receive your donation receipt. 

5) Make a directed donation through the United Way

(either one-time or through payroll deduction):

To make a payroll donation - fill out the United Way Payroll Donation Application Form, In Section 3, entitled: How I Would Like to Help the Community Check the "Other" box and indicate an amount to: "Heart Beats Children's Society of Calgary".

Please include our Charitable Registration Number: 88907 6261 RR0001